29 April 2007

No. This is not freedom

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2003681580_essay26.html

How can you arrest an 18 year old for writing an assignment? They arrested this young man because his paper made the teacher uncomfortable! This is what a politically correct, over reactionary, police state will harvest. This is what the seeds of "Let's not offend anyone ever" will grow. This is the path we've been set upon for at least a decade. Keep in mind this is a CREATIVE WRITING class. I sure hope nothing in my blogs ever offends or disturbs anyone. I could be arrested for it. The thought police are a reality. Fascist bastards.

Did anyone else hear that? It was the sound of the Constitution being erased, and burned. That noise you'll hear next is the forefathers rolling over in their graves to cry.

1 comment:

Stewie said...

And, what's kicker, is the kid is a straight A student.

I mean, it's not right in any event, but it's not like this teen is a slacker and a burden on teachers (in my experience, the straight A kids aren't the ones making lives hell).

And, dammit, he followed the instructions. He didn't stray from them.

What I really, really like is the kid's father stepped up to the plate immediately.

The entire thing is ridiculous. The teacher should be fired, as well as the powers that stood behind his/her decision. What a bunch of twats.

What I don't get is that everyone I talked to thought this was ridiculous. Everyone. So where was the voice of reason doing these meetings the teachers had? What I'm trying to say is everyone I know realizes it's ridiculous how PC this country has gotten, but it still gets worse. Who is making these asinine decisions?

Meh. I'm rambling.